Parlor Press has been an independent publisher of scholarly and trade books and other media in print and digital formats since 2002.
Writing Program Administration
Susan H. McLeod
University of California, Santa Barbara
La Salle University
In the past few decades writing program administration has emerged as a field of inquiry, a field with its own national organization, journal, and conference. The Writing Program Administration series provides a venue for scholarly monographs and projects that are research or theory-based and that provide insights into important issues in the field. We encourage submissions that examine the work of writing program administration, broadly defined (e.g., not just administration of first-year composition programs). Possible topics include but are not limited to:
- Historical studies of writing program administration or administrators (archival work is particularly encouraged)
- Studies evaluating the relevance of theories developed in other fields (e.g., management, sustainability, organizational theory)
- Studies of particular personnel issues (e.g., unionization, use of adjunct faculty)
- Research on developing and articulating curricula Studies of assessment and accountability issues for WPAs
- Examinations of the politics of writing program administration WPA work at the community college
Submission and Contact Information
Queries should be directed to:
For complete submission guidelines, see
Your proposal should outline the rationale and projected audience for the book and its relation to other books in the field; include the book's table of contents or a chapter outline, the estimated length and the timetable for completion, and the introduction and a sample chapter. Please also send the c.v. of the author or editor.
Parlor Press is an independent publisher of scholarly and trade titles in print and multimedia formats, including Acrobat eBook, iPaper and Sophie. For additional submission information or to find out about Parlor Press publications visit the website, http://www.parlorpress.com, write to Parlor Press, 3015 Brackenberry Drive, Anderson SC 29621, or e-mail David Blakesley <firstname.lastname@example.org>. 765.409.2649.