Parlor Press has been an independent publisher of scholarly and trade books and other media in print and digital formats since 2002.
Digital Publishing F5 | Refreshed
Edited by Kate Agena, Karl Stolley, Rita Wu, Christopher Eklund, Christopher Berry, Jingfang Ren, Jennie Blankert, David Blakesley, Serkan Gorkemli, Bob Stein, et al.
Available for free download in Night Kitchen (TK3) format.
Digital Publishing F5 | Refreshed (Zip file; 6.2 MB)
Download the free tk3 reader (Windows ver., zip file)
This multimedia ebook was one of the first (of seven) books ever cataloged in the MLA International Bibliography in 2003. Designed, produced, and published at Computers and Writing 2003 at Purdue University in the Digital Learning Collaboratory, May 22, 2003, from 1:40 to 5:50 p.m. Illustration, "The History of Writing" © 2003 by Tobias Ott
Read news coverage about this book and the conference, "'Digital dimensions' of publishing explored at conference" (Journal and Courier; PDF format)
- Preface, David Blakesley (with production photos)
- Perspectives on Digital Publishing (Team)
- Digital Production: A Multimedia Tour (Video from the Event)
- Electronic Dissertations: Preparing Students for Our Past or Their Futures?, Susan Lang
- Digital Archives and the Future of Scholarly Writing, George Pullman
- Should You Publish in Electronic Journals?, Aldrin E. Sweeney
- Modern Chivalry and the Case for Electronic Texts, Janice McIntire-Strasburg
- Digital Archives and Public Domain Historical Works on Teaching/Learning of Workplace Writing, Patricia Sullivan and Julie Staggers
- Fair Usage of Film Stills, Kristin Thompson (Society for Cinema Studies)
- The Future of Scholarly Publishing, MLA
- Fair Use Guidelines, U.S. Copyright Office
- Copyright Basics, U.S. Copyright Office
- For Further Reading: A Bibliography on Digital Publishing, Jennie Blankert and Jingfang Ren